Friday, January 1, 2010

A month to dream

I face 2010 with complete hope. 2009 was an extremely tough year; it was not only filled with me having to deal with many losses, it included the sudden death of a close friend, re-occurring anxiety, despair, heartache, guilt and doubt. Times were hard and I felt I had been "sanded down" to a "raw"ness I have never experienced before. However, something else happened that I did not expect. Those tough times did not defeat me. I began to heal on many levels only a great catastrophe could bring. I am so thankful to be stronger in ways I never could have imagined. For me, reaching out to God became my hope...a hope that never fails me.

That hope brings me hear today. I have wanted to do a blog for quite some time; however, I have put it off for various reasons. I couldn't settle on a proper title for my "little" spot in cyberspace, on which host site to use, how I would use my blog to express who I am and what I like, etc... I made a promise to myself to begin this journey in 2010 so that I could use this as a chance to carry out a re-awakening, if you will, of all the beautiful things around me. My hope is to use this blog as a day-to-day gratitude tool which journals the everyday life that surrounds me. It will be a daily reminder for me that it is great to be alive.

Here a reveal a beautiful blend of my everyday life...
a hard working husband, two wonderful daughters, and a job that is founded on my love of children. We are blessed with so many things~a close-knit family that supports us, friends across the miles who encourage us, precious time to spend with each other creating amazing moments together, a variety of music that speaks to us for whatever emotion we may be feeling, endless art supplies, a great backyard for exploring, the ability to travel to the mountains or the beach within a couple hours, and most importantly, a loving source that guides us on our life's journey. Of course there is so much more.

A look forward to savoring it all during these next twelve months~M

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this post just really resonated with me. It is the toughest of times that allow us an opportuinty to make the greates changes. I am really looking forward to seeing how this space unfolds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too know that kind of HOPE...best of wishes on this powerful intention!
    blessings~
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete